Re: [Exim] Forged addresses from virus detectors

Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Forged addresses from virus detectors
[me, last week]
>   deny    hosts   = !127.0.0.1
>           senders = postmaster@???:\
>                     webmaster@???
>           message = forged sender address

[Patrice Fournier]
> This comes after the "accept hosts = :" line so that command line
> messages from postmaster are still accepted, right?

Hmm, good point. I don't have that condition in this ACL at all, so I
presume your point is valid... but wait, I thought ACLs were only run on
SMTP messages, not comand-line messages.

[...testing...]

Command-line messages from postmaster are accepted. Experiment
indicates that the "recipient" ACL is not run for command-line messages,
just as I expected.

> Do you have any secondary MX servers who could produce a message
> coming from such an address?

Nope, no secondary MXs. But www.python.org is a separate machine from
mail.python.org, and it should probably be allowed to originate
webmaster (and maybe postmaster) messages.

Thanks --

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???