Re: [Exim] Documentation for Exim

Góra strony
Autor: Dave C.
Dla: Cory Daehn
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Documentation for Exim
On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Cory Daehn wrote:

> --
> Does anyone else find the documentation on Exim terribly confusing?
>
> As for the O'Reilley book, I'm going to look it up as soon as I possibly
> can. I was glad I had my sendmail book for the conversion to Exim, and
>
> Is anyone else successfully using Exim with Linux-Mandrake (7.2 or
> higher) and linuxconf with virtual e-mail domains? If so, how did you
> get the virtual e-mail domain aliases to map to their virtual domain and
> not the primary domain?

First off, I'd skip the 'do it for you' tools and learn how to do it
without them first. Then, once you understand how it actually works, if
you think its more convenient to use such tools go ahead.

"virtual email domains" is not one specific way of doing mail - its a
general concept, and there are at least as many different ways to set it
up as the average person has fingers and toes. This is where the
'automated sysadmin tools' usually fail. They assume what software you
are running and how its configured. (sendmail for RH/linuxconf stuff).
You could theoraetically configure exim to use a similar set of files as
sendmail, but to do that you'd really have to be familiar enugh with
exim that you wouldnt need to do that anyway..