Re: [Exim] Documentation for Exim

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Documentation for Exim
On 2002-06-02 at 19:03 -0500, Cory Daehn wrote:
> Does anyone else find the documentation on Exim terribly confusing?

No. But the online stuff does assume some prior knowledge of email
concepts, whereas the book includes tutorial level information on those
concepts.

You may find these to be useful starter guides:
<URL:http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Mail-Administrator-HOWTO.html>
<URL:http://www.globnix.org/mail-intro.txt>

If you then go back to the online Exim documentation, particularly
chapter 3,
Exim 3: 3. How Exim delivers mail
Exim 4: 3. How Exim receives and delivers mail
then you should get a much better grasp of what's going on.
--
Jim: [gf] told me last night that I was a pedant, particularly when I'm drunk.
Phil: *dripping sarcasm* No! You don't say? How could she?