Re: [Exim] virtusertable

Autor: Xander D Harkness
A: Bernard, exim list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] virtusertable
Bernard wrote:

>--
>Hi,
>
>I am a newbie at this. I need some help with setting up a transport similar to virtusertable in sendmail. I am using exim version 3.33 .
>
>All I want is to send mail for @domain.com to a pop domain.pop

This would be in your directors configuration

virtual_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /home/domain1/aliases
require_files = /home/domain1/aliases
search_type = lsearch*
domains = domain1.co.uk : domain2.co.uk
qualify_preserve_domain
include_domain
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

and your alias file could simply contain *: me@???

If you set up ftp or webdav it allows the user to edit their own alias
file and therefore set multiple addresses.
I guess it could also be done with a nice gui / web frontend too :-)

The lsearch* allows you to have a default - don't forget it is not a
wildcard as such, if the search fails
it resorts to the * in the file.

The require_files is useful in case the user accidently deletes their
alias file.

In the archives you will also find people who have got exim working with
linuxconf and vdeliver.

Cheers
Xander