[Exim] Winbind (Samba 2.2.3a) + Exim

Autor: Ehren Wilson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Winbind (Samba 2.2.3a) + Exim
Hello All,

I am currently administrering an NT domain and using Debian 3.0 (Woody)
boxes for all uses but PDC and some file sharing. Authentication for pop
and imap is done with winbind an element of samba 2.2.3a. This
unfortunately leaves me in the spot of having user names in the form of
DOMAIN+username, while the actual email addresses are username@???.
I have come up with a truly dirty hack that is functional using a a
smartuser router and a appendfile transport to write to the correct
spoolfile and use the correct username but I thought I would see if someone
could come up with something more elegant, through an envelope to rewrite
(which I am told is considered bad by some), or a better router config.

My current router config for the domain is

domain_alias:
driver = aliasfile
domains = domain.com
search_type = lsearch
file = /etc/exim/aliases/domain.com

domain_local:
driver = smartuser
domains = domain.com
transport = domain_deliver

the associated transport is

domain_deliver:
driver = appendfile
user = DOMAIN+${local_part}
group = mail
mode = 0600
file = /var/spool/mail/DOMAIN+${local_part}

I hope that I didn't make anyone cry with that. The only real problem with
this config is that mail to an invalid user (eg. test@???) will
try to find an invalid user and get stuck without generating a bounce-back.
Thoughts on how to fix this? I believe samba 3.0 will fix this as winbind
will have an option to exclude the leading DOMAIN+ from the user name but
until then I am stuck with this.

Thanks,

Ehren Wilson

bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook