Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wro…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nathan Kay
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wrong
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:27:53PM -0400, ajlewis2@??? wrote:
> When I send a message, Sender: says ajlewis2@sidekick. I want it to be
> ajlewis2@???.

Anita,
    I had to deal with this a while back, for a different reason.
As dman mentioned, the "Sender" header isn't required, though some mail
servers might check to make sure that it's valid, if the header exists.

    My solution was to add "headers_remove = Sender" in my
"remote_smtp" transport, so that I have this:

# This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP connections.
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
headers_remove = Sender

    This tells Exim to strip out the "Sender" header before sending
the mail out. This resolved the situation for me at least.

--
Nathan Kay
Numenorean Networks

"Unix is like a Vorlon: It's incredibly powerful, gives terse,
cryptic answers, and has a lot of things going on in the
background."