Re: [Exim] Removed frozen mails manually

Autor: Jim Savoy
A: Herman Cremer, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Removed frozen mails manually

Herman Cremer wrote:

> if you are running Linux as an OS,
> use this script to remove all frozen mails from the queue
>
> #!/bin/sh
> for i in `exim -bp | grep frozen | awk {'print $3'}` ; do
> exim -Mrm $i
> done
>
> exit 0

If your queue is anything like mine, I'm betting most of these
frozen messages are undeliverable (ie the original sender is
bogus, so an error message can't be returned to them anyway).
If that is the case, you don't have to manually remove them from
the queue. You can get exim to do it for you automatically by
adding a line like this to the configure file:

ignore_bounce_errors_after = 2d

If a message is stuck in the queue (frozen) for more than 2 days,
exim will give it one last try. If it fails to deliver it (or bounce it
back to the original sender), it will just discard the message
entirely.

- jim -

PS You can also add a line like this:

timeout_frozen_after = 7d

which will just blow away any messages that have been in a
frozen state for more than 7 days.