Re: [Exim] Limited EHLO/HELO checking receipee

Top Pagina
Auteur: John W Baxter
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Limited EHLO/HELO checking receipee
>marc_news@??? said:
>> Are they used mostly over a LAN or over the internet too? (are you
>> talking of MUAs that do SMTP to relay their mail?))
>
>> Details on what clients and how old they are?
>
>I'm afraid I'm only repeating hearsay -- I haven't actually encountered this
>myself. I believe it was supposed to be some versions of Outlook or Outlook
>Express. It was a few years ago now.

Well, in our main log at the moment (9 hours after rotation) I see 46
entries containing
    H=fqdn (oemcomputer) [ipaddr]  P = smtp
where the name and the ipaddr match (naturally) and the (oemcomputer) seems
to imply that we got
HELO oemcomputer
(the P=smtp implies the HELO).  Old (Windows) machines, I'd guess.

Also, there seem to be a bunch of
HELO computer
some
HELO mycomputer
and I notice one
HELO susanscomputer

All "old" on the basis of HELO rather than EHLO.
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA