Re: [Exim] Handling high volume, low availability domains

Top Pagina
Auteur: dman
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Handling high volume, low availability domains
--
On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:20:23PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
| On Wed, 29 May 2002 17:12:07 +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

| > > I believe that it's because the exim -bS process that I push all the
| > > generated messages into is now creating msglog files for all non-hotmail
| > > messages, with contents like this:
| >
| > can't you arrange your queue feed so that you
| >
| > - have separate bsmtp files for hotmail and !hotmail addresses (i
| > suppose you already do)
| > - feed the !hotmail addresses to your regular exim
| > - feed the hotmail addresses to the 'other' exim (i'd say basically
| > the same, only spool_directory being different)

| Yep, that's the next step if I can't fix this in Exim in less than two
| days, which is about how long it'll take to rework the generator.

I think this is the best approach. If you don't want to rework the
generator, then create a new frontend to exim. Have it be a simple
program that accepts the same arguments as exim, and based on a simple
string search or pattern match of the recipient will pipe the message
to the proper exim instance (preserving all args, etc). It should be
rather simple to write such a thing in sh, perl, python, or whatever.

| > this spares the network connection time, which is not much, and still
| > leaves
| >
| > > 2002-05-29 09:54:30 xxx@??? routing defer (-45): domain is in queue_remote_domains
| >
| > here. for which all i can think of is removing this from exim.

| Actually, feeding two differently configured exim -bS processes can
| easily be done in such a way as to avoid this IO.

Yes, just remove the test for "queue_remote_domains = !hotmail.com"
since no hotmail messages will be fed to the first exim.

-D

--

Folly delights a man who lacks judgement,
but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.