Re: [Exim] Handling high volume, low availability domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Tamas TEVESZ
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Handling high volume, low availability domains

On Wed, 29 May 2002 17:12:07 +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> > I believe that it's because the exim -bS process that I push all the
> > generated messages into is now creating msglog files for all non-hotmail
> > messages, with contents like this:
>
> can't you arrange your queue feed so that you
>
> - have separate bsmtp files for hotmail and !hotmail addresses (i
> suppose you already do)
> - feed the !hotmail addresses to your regular exim
> - feed the hotmail addresses to the 'other' exim (i'd say basically
> the same, only spool_directory being different)

Yep, that's the next step if I can't fix this in Exim in less than two
days, which is about how long it'll take to rework the generator.

> this spares the network connection time, which is not much, and still
> leaves
>
> > 2002-05-29 09:54:30 xxx@??? routing defer (-45): domain is in queue_remote_domains
>
> here. for which all i can think of is removing this from exim.

Actually, feeding two differently configured exim -bS processes can
easily be done in such a way as to avoid this IO.

> > I think this extra IO is dragging me down, and I don't believe it's
> > necessary.
>
> if this is your concern, you could edit all the fsync() calls out of
> exim's source.

Already doing that. I have a local hack which adds an fsync main
configuration option, and I've set no_fsync. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.