Re: [Exim] Limited EHLO/HELO checking receipee

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Marc MERLIN
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Limited EHLO/HELO checking receipee
On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 09:43:03AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> marc_news@??? said:
> >   deny  message   = "Invalid domain or IP given in HELO/EHLO"
> >        !condition = ${if match{$sender_helo_name}{\\\.}{yes}{no}}

> ISTR there were many Microsoft SMTP clients which would send only their
> NETBIOS machine name in the HELO, instead of a fully-qualified domain.

Are they used mostly over a LAN or over the internet too?
(are you talking of MUAs that do SMTP to relay their mail?))

Details on what clients and how old they are?

If so, I don't have to deal with that, but you could add a rule to accept
mail if it came from the range of your client pool or if the client had
authenticated.

> I don't know if that's still the case --

I'll watch my logs to find out.

> or indeed if you care :)

Not much ;-)
(but thank you for the info, it's useful)

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key