Re: [Exim] FIltering for virtual users.

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: j2
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] FIltering for virtual users.
On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 18:34, j2 wrote:
> > Put all filter files in some location, eg
> > /usr/local/exim_filters/<user>.filter. In the filter transport
> > have this line
> >
> >     require_files = /usr/local/exim_filters/$local_part.filter
> >     file = /usr/local/exim_filters/$local_part.filter

> Ahaaaaaaaaa. Of cource.
>
> But, uhm, how do i actually call the filter in a transport? Are we

talking a
> system filter here then? I am still mizzing som epiece to this puzzle?

Its not a transport - a filter is a director (in exim 3 - a router in
exim 4).

For exim 3 you would have something like this in the directors section
userfilter:
driver = forwardfile
require_files = /usr/local/exim_filters/$local_part.filter
file = /usr/local/exim_filters/$local_part.filter
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply
forbid_filter_existstest
forbid_filter_lookup
forbid_filter_perl
no_verify
check_ancestor
file = .forward
modemask = 002
filter

You may not want all those options - you can lose a few. Also you may
want to set ownership of the filter files - and that director
appropriately.

Similar but different things will apply for exim 4.

    Nigel.