[Exim] RFE: (FreeBSD) mailq incompatability

Inizio della pagina
Autore: PM Lashley
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] RFE: (FreeBSD) mailq incompatability
--
FreeBSD has implemented a setup whereby the commonly known mail-related
binaries have been replaced by a wrapper script that checks a configuration

However, there is one small fly in the ointment. FreeBSD also has a
seriesof scripts run nightly, one of which checks the mail queue via
mailq. Unfortunately it uses the '-Ac' parameter to request that mailq
"Show the mail submission queue specified in /etc/mail/submit.cf instead
of the MTA queue speci-fied in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf." That parameter
is not recognized by exim and causes exim to abandon the run.

I am submitting a bug report to FreeBSD to request a mechanism to override
that parameter; but I think it would also be a good idea if exim were to
recognize and ignore the '-Ac' parameter in the interest of compatability.

Thanks,
-Pat