Re: [Exim] STRANGE DEVELOPMENT WITH MAIL ABUSE SERVICES

Author: Randy Bush
To: Oliver.Egginger
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] STRANGE DEVELOPMENT WITH MAIL ABUSE SERVICES
> so you only can cut off this by prohibit all SMTP traffic to bypass
> your mailserver.
> This is typically done by firewall rules.

for a backbone isp, this is not possible. law and contract says i
move packets, not enforce my particular vision of good security or
etiquette on a customer site. if a customer site causes problems
for others, for example by bringing complaint hell on my noc for
abuse, then i can put pressure on them. but i can not filter port
X on my backbone or on customer aggregation routers.

but this is not something for exim.

randy