Re: [Exim] exim -d -oMr my_coined_protocol -bs

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: dman
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] exim -d -oMr my_coined_protocol -bs
--
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 03:43:29PM +0100, Matt Bernstein wrote:
| I used the above with my invented protocol "lsmtp" to test a local_scan
| function I've written for uvscan (I'll announce it when I've a had a day
| or so for a few more pairs of eyes to find my bugs first ;) on messages
| which go through our mlm (the idea being that it resends using -oMr lsmtp
| which my function detects to avoid scanning the same message twice).

| [ The reason I'm not using exiscan is I want to add warning headers rather
| than reject the mail. ]

| Because it's a Friday afternoon it took me a little while to spot that the
| mail was being delivered with local-esmtp seemingly ignoring my -oMr.

| I'm not asking for a change to the Exim code; however, I'd request a note
| put in the spec in the relevant place. (5.3?)

In the spec the -oMr option is discussed. It says to see the
discussion of -oMa. The discussion of -oMa has this :

    In other circumstances, [-oM options] are ignored unless the
    caller is trusted.

Is the user invoking exim with -oMr "trusted"?

-D

--

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is stupid.