[Exim] exim -d -oMr my_coined_protocol -bs

Autor: Matt Bernstein
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] exim -d -oMr my_coined_protocol -bs
I used the above with my invented protocol "lsmtp" to test a local_scan
function I've written for uvscan (I'll announce it when I've a had a day
or so for a few more pairs of eyes to find my bugs first ;) on messages
which go through our mlm (the idea being that it resends using -oMr lsmtp
which my function detects to avoid scanning the same message twice).

[ The reason I'm not using exiscan is I want to add warning headers rather
than reject the mail. ]

Because it's a Friday afternoon it took me a little while to spot that the
mail was being delivered with local-esmtp seemingly ignoring my -oMr.

I'm not asking for a change to the Exim code; however, I'd request a note
put in the spec in the relevant place. (5.3?)

Cheers,

Matt