Re: [Exim] message_filter_directory_transport problem

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Horne
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] message_filter_directory_transport problem
On 22-May-2002 at 15:53:11 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, John Horne wrote:
> No, sorry, it doesn't work like that. $home isn't set in a system
> filter. I'd never thought of that. I'm not sure it is sensible anyway,
> because system filters tend to be run as "exim" or another non-human
> user, where there may not be a "home" directory.

That makes sense. I assumed, however, that $home was set to the home
directory of the exim process. (In our case it does have a valid home
directory).

> I don't think the 'save' you have works fine. Try changing the contents
> of the "directory" option in your transport. I would expect that to take
> effect, whereas if you change the contents of 'save', it will have no
> effect (while it remains a non-absolute path). That is because of the
> buglet I found.

This is true. The save worked in as much as it didn't need to be an absolute
path, and I assumed this was because $home was prepended to it. Obviously it
'worked' because it was ignored :-)

Many thanks for your help, is the fix going to be for exim 3 or 4 (or both)?

Regards,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???