Re: [Exim] message_filter_directory_transport problem

Inizio della pagina
Autore: John Horne
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] message_filter_directory_transport problem
On 22-May-2002 at 14:36:29 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, John Horne wrote:
>>   saved_dhcp:               (as the transport)
>>     driver = appendfile
>>     directory = /usr/local/exim/spool/dhcp-saved
>>     user = exim

>> In the system filter file I have:
>>
>>   if $sender_host_name matches "dhcp\\\\.plym(outh)?\\\\.ac\\\\.uk\\$"
>>   then
>>              logfile /usr/local/exim/logs/dhcp.log
>>              logwrite "$tod_log: Subject: $h_Subject:\n\
>>                              \t Sender: $sender_fullhost\n\
>>                              \t   From: $sender_address\n\
>>                              \t     To: $h_To:"
>>              save spool/dhcp-saved/
>>   endif

> You have used a non-absolute path in the system filter. Due to a buglet
> in Exim, this is making it ignore that value, and use the value of
> "directory" in the transport.
>
> If you use an absolute path in the filter, you should not need
> "directory" in the transport.

Okay, but...

In 'Exim's interface to mail filtering' (for exim 3.36) it says:

If the file name does not start with a / character, then the contents of
the $home variable are prepended.

The use of 'save' I have above works fine. Surely if its an absolute
pathname then that's okay, and if it's not an absolute pathname then it
should just prepend $home (the $home of the user running the system filter)?
In that case any check of an absolute path name should not be required.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???