[Exim] Re: .spec suggestion for RedHat

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] Re: .spec suggestion for RedHat
Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote
[...]
> On other points raised (by others) about the rpms, I have not looked at
> the alternatives schemes as yet, and not got to considering the
> capabilities required by the exim user.

Imho it is not worth investing any time in this. RH took Debians
alternative-system and applied it to a senseless case - To make it
possible to install two MTAs (postfix and sendmail) in parallel and
use only one as /usr/sbin/sendmail. I fail to see that it is a
*common* szenario that you need to have more than one MTA installed.

Just stay with the Conflicts: sendmail,postfix, the current src.rpm
works fine with RH7.3.
           cu andreas