[Exim] NSOT: rejecting e-mail from lists

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Leonardo Boselli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] NSOT: rejecting e-mail from lists
One e/mail provider has recently set a strange policy, refusing e
mail from their own users, unless they come from their own servers.
This seems however apply to any message. Inclusive those form
lists.
One person [jore] wrote asking why she did not receive messages
in the list from another one [maria] .
J just got the message from my archive and bounced her.
surprise: for every message come a bounce message as follows.
Is this way to work correct ?
this would forbide using of e-mail lists for such people, since when
sending from the listserver the message arrives with an internal
from message, so authentication is required and so message
refused.
*I had to bounce the message not keeping original address, but as
an enclosure in a my message ...)
Here a partial bounce message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

  jose@???
    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
    host smtp.katamail.ksmail.it [194.153.172.230]:
    553 Authentication is required to send mail as
    <maria@???>

what happened ? these people refuse
Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico