Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin

Autor: dman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin
--
On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 12:11:31PM +0100, j.linn wrote:
| We are still using Exim 3

|   [root@mailtest exim]# /opt/exim/bin/exim -bt -d 9
|    BExim version 3.33 debug level 9 uid=0 gid=0
|    Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.1.17: (July 31, 2000)

| with SpamAssassin configured as below using spamd as a daemon.

| I am very pleased with it in general. The problem is when the spamd dies,
| messages are bounced immediately with SMTP errors.

One solution is to add '-f' to your spamc command line. Then it won't
fail when spamd dies and will simply pass the message along. The
advantage is you still get mail delivery, even though it isn't
scanned. Better yet, just upgrade spamassassin -- that option is the
default now.

| Is there a way to check if spamd is running and if not hold the messages
| until a "patrol" restarts it?

You can write a program to
    1)  check for spamd
    2)  start it if it doesn't exist
    3)  exec spamc

and use that as your filter instead of using spamc directly.

-D

--

Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.