Re: [Exim] Exim hicup?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Smith, A.D.
CC: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim hicup?
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Smith, A.D. wrote:

> Exim 3.16 on Solaris
> Our usually very quick mail hubs seemed to hit a hicup today, one message wasn't delivered for over half an hour.
> The logs report that it was continuously busy at this time, is there any way to increase the probablility of a delivery attempt being made on an older email that hasn't been tested?
> Anyone else seen anything like this?

You haven't really given enough info for me to comment. What is "it"
that was continuously busy? If you are running a standard type of
configuration, queue runners will start periodically and will process
the queue in random order. Newly arriving messages should provoke a
delivery attempt straight away.