Re: [Exim] Trying to treat a IP as the local host

Author: Alberto García
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Trying to treat a IP as the local host
El sábado 18/05/2002 a las 17:27, Dave C. decía...

> You could try setting local_interfaces to the outside IP, and
> actually configuring an interface (eg loopback ) to be that IP, so that
> exim will accept that is its IP.

    Yes, I suppose that a dummy interface should be enough.

> Most people just dont put their mailservers behind NAT.

    Right, but I think that an option to specify IPs to treat as the
local host would be useful, wouldn't it? :-? Like 'local_interfaces', but
without the need of having a real interface to listen on.

Berto.