[Exim] Trying to treat a IP as the local host

Author: Alberto García
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Trying to treat a IP as the local host
    I have the following problem (I'm using Exim 3.35): I have my
machine running Exim in my private network. There is a router with a
public IP address that forwards all trafic to my PC. The problem is that
when Exim tries to route mail, it does not know that the public IP of the
router should be treated as the local host.

    I think of two workarounds for this:

    - Putting the public IP in local_interfaces: it does not work,
because when the daemon tries to wake up, the bind() call fails for that
IP address.

    - Using `hosts_treat_as_local': this works, but it has the
problem that is name-based, not ip-based, so I have to put there all the
hosts names that point to my public IP, instead of putting just the IP.

    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Berto.