RE: [Exim] Barred domains

Author: Don Hammer
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Barred domains

-----Original Message-----
From: exim-users-admin@??? [mailto:exim-users-admin@exim.org]On
Behalf Of Gary Mason
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 4:16 AM
To: exim-users@???
Subject: [Exim] Barred domains

Sorry if this has been posted before - I have just started looking at the
list again after a long lay-off.

My problem is that I want to bar certain domains (porn/spam etc) but emails
from these domains still get through to the user mailboxes.

I am using Exim 3.33 and have the line host_reject_recipients =
freeyoungsnatch.com : hotmail.com in the configuration file (top half). I
have restarted exim and sent a test message from my hotmail account, but it
still appears in my mailbox.

> I have one that seems to work for me. Try
> host_reject_recipients =

+allow_unknown:*.freeyoungsnatch.com:*.hotmail.com

> I also added
> # But allow mail to postmaster event from rejected domains
> recipients_reject_except = postmaster@???
> prohibition_message = contact postmaster@??? for details

I have read and re-read the Exom book (O'Reilly - definately recommended),
but I cannot see what is wrong with my host_reject_recipients line.

Anybody shed some light on this for me ??

Cheers
Gary

---
Gary Mason