RE: [Exim] Barred domains

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Gary Mason
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'Dave C.'
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] Barred domains
Thanks Dave, that has worked a treat.

> Sorry if this has been posted before - I have just started looking at the
> list again after a long lay-off.
>
> My problem is that I want to bar certain domains (porn/spam etc) but

emails
> from these domains still get through to the user mailboxes.
>
> I am using Exim 3.33 and have the line host_reject_recipients =
> freeyoungsnatch.com : hotmail.com in the configuration file (top half). I
> have restarted exim and sent a test message from my hotmail account, but

it
> still appears in my mailbox.
>
> I have read and re-read the Exom book (O'Reilly - definately recommended),
> but I cannot see what is wrong with my host_reject_recipients line.
>
> Anybody shed some light on this for me ??

You are rejecing all RCPT TO:'s from the host named "hotmail.com", but
there probably isnt any such host, and even if there was, thats not
likely to be the host connecting to your machine to deliver mail from
your hotmail account.

If you really want to block all senders (leigitimate or otherwise) with
addresses in hotmail.com, youprobably want to use
"sender_reject_recipients" instead.

"hosts" are specific machines connecting to you
"senders" are the addresses specified in "MAIL FROM:"