[Exim] Q9802: [...] to the outside world only from a restric…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Hans Wilmer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Q9802: [...] to the outside world only from a restricted list [...]
Hi!

Trying to find out how I can restrict some of the local users to send
mail to local accounts only, I've found the answer to question 9802 in
the Exim FAQ. I've tested solution (A), and it would fit my needs
nicely, with one exception:

The error message ('unroutable mail domain') that is eventually
generated is not what I would like the users to get. Though the
information is technically true, the users in question would only be
confused by it.

What I'd like to have is an error message that's tailored for
instances of restricted users trying to send mail to non-local
domains. Trying to handle this special case from within the system
filter file doesn't seem to work. Setting

errmsg_file = my-tailored-msg

has been helpful so far. But I'm sure there are much better ways to
handle these special error messages --- any ideas would be
appreciated. (I don't like the other solutions given in A9802.)

Exim 3.32 is being used.

GH
--
This mail is copyrighted material and must not be processed by
closed-source software.