Re: [Exim] Gateways and Virus Scanning

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Paul John Stephens
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Gateways and Virus Scanning
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Paul John Stephens wrote:

> 1. Users on the internal boxes will be unique so I would like to know
> if there is an easy way of passing mail sent to the gateways from
> outside to these servers. My current thinking is to use a single (or
> possibly several) alias lists saying which server to pass a users'
> email to. At the moment I build the aliases file into a .dbm file.
> Is there a better/more efficient way of doing this?

none i could think of now, if you don't have anything else that you
could do your routing based on (ie. dom1.foo.bar and dom2.foo.bar are
all internal, two differnt boxes, handled by the same mail.foo.bar,
and dom1 is always box1 and dom2 is always box2. hm. could have used
better wording :).

you'd probably want to use cdb instead of dbm, for speed increases.
that depends on a bunch of things (how large your lists are, how often
do you need to modify them and the like. read up on the pros and cons
wrt different db formats.)

--
[-]