[Exim] Gateways and Virus Scanning

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Paul John Stephens
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] Gateways and Virus Scanning
Hi Guys,

This is my first posting so try not to be too harsh!

At the moment I have two gateway servers running Postfix and Amavis
(with Sophos) which pass on their messages to two internal Exim
servers. I am upgrading this system to incorporate Exchange as one
of the internal servers and replacing the Postfix boxes with Exim 4.

Here are my questions:

1. Users on the internal boxes will be unique so I would like to know
if there is an easy way of passing mail sent to the gateways from
outside to these servers. My current thinking is to use a single (or
possibly several) alias lists saying which server to pass a users'
email to. At the moment I build the aliases file into a .dbm file.
Is there a better/more efficient way of doing this?

2. Does anyone know where the instructions for MailScanner and/or
Amavis with Exim 4 are? I have only seen instructions for Exim 3.

Thanks,

Paul.

Paul John Stephens
Senior Computing Officer (UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator)
Computing Services
Canterbury Christ Church University College
paul@???
Direct line: +44 (0) 1227 782751