Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Steven Lobbezoo
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Forward files
On 16 May 2002, Steven Lobbezoo wrote:

> No, that does not wotk they are:
>
> $original_local_part : "la-franc" and
> $original_domain : "server681.savantnoc.com"

> The test message i use with /usr/lib/sendmail -bf forward < inbox is:

Aarrgghh!! I didn't realize you were doing all this with -bf. I thought
you were trying real deliveries. You must have missed this bit of
documentation about -bf:

When testing a filter in this way, Exim makes up an 'envelope' for the
message. The recipient is by default the user running the command, and so
is the sender, but the command can be run with the -f option to supply a
different sender. For example,

/usr/sbin/sendmail -bf myfilter -f islington@neverwhere <test-message

Alternatively, if the -f option is not used, but the first line of the
supplied message is a 'From' separator from a message folder file (not the
same thing as a "From:" header line), the sender is taken from there. If -f
is present, the contents of any 'From' line are ignored.

The 'return path' is the same as the envelope sender, unless the message
contains a "Return-path:" header, in which case it is taken from there. You
need not worry about any of this unless you want to test out features of a
filter file that rely on the sender address or the return path.

It is possible to change the envelope recipient by specifying further
options. The -bfd option changes the domain of the recipient address, while
the -bfl option changes the 'local part', that is, the part before the @
sign. An adviser could make use of these to test someone else's filter
file.

The -bfp and -bfs options specify the prefix or suffix for the local part.
These are relevant only when support for multiple personal mailboxes is
implemented; see the description in section 30 below.

Notice the second-last paragraph.

The -bf facility cannot do everything. It is basically intended for
checking syntax and the simplest things that a filter can do.

You can use the -N option to run "real" deliveries that aren't in fact
delivered. You can also use -d to get extra debugging output while doing
so.