Re: [Exim] Conditions

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Juha Saarinen
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Conditions
On Wed, 15 May 2002, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> > That's why I said "may".
>
> Ahhh... "might" would have been clearer ;-).

English has too many ways of expressing things.

That caused me to wonder what the difference was. I looked in my Concise
Oxford English Dictionay. Under "might" it says "see may"!

"Might" is of course originally the past tense of "may", but it gets
used in different ways. The full OED says "might (subj.) is often used
colloq. (a) with pres. inf. to convey a counsel or suggestion of
action". I guess I'm not colloquial enough for you. :-)