Re: [Exim] Address Verification and $address_data

Autor: Jerry Nicholls
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Address Verification and $address_data
On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 11:19, Philip Hazel wrote:

[snip]

> > If none of this works, is there any way that I can return a different
> > error than 'Unrouteable address' without modifying the code ?
>
> If you are talking about verification time, look at the "message"
> modifier in ACLs.
>
> If you are talking about delivery time, you can add a final router with
> whatever message you like:
>
> bounce_all:
> driver = redirect
> allow_fail
> data = :fail: Your message here

Yeah, that's exactly what I was after in the end. I realised not long
after posting that question that the rcpt time verification was
irrelevant anyway as we have a multi-layer setup (ring fence and mail
hub), and this check was to be at the hub layer where it would have been
pointless.

I had figured that a catchall router was needed and came across exactly
what you have above in the maillist archives (I should have looked there
first ! To quote "D'oh")

Jerry.
--
Supanet Ltd., Communications House,