Re: [Exim] Version 4.02 and "The Book"

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Koenig
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Owen Boyle
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Version 4.02 and "The Book"
At 2:09 PM +0100 5/14/02, Philip Hazel wrote:
>... A lot of the background stuff in the book is still
>relevant, but the details of router configuration and access control are
>substantially changed.

This is true. Although I am very new to Exim, I found the explanations in the O'Reilly book to be helpful in my understanding of Exim. (From this novice's view) Most concepts are the same, however the expression of those concepts in exim config files seems more elegant than the version 3 examples I studied. Read the release notes and "Planning for Exim 4" document; substantial changes such as the consolidated of directors and routers and and such things are merely semantic differences that make things easier. And if you grok the differences you will be that much more enriched.

The book is very good. Plus, if you are not already an expert in mail systems, having some good background information is always helpful.