Re: [Exim] Forward files

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Steven Lobbezoo
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Forward files
That surely is correct.
However... ;-))

It's a pity that the envelop-to: header variable is not communicated!
It's the ONLY real to field. In the h_to: field there often is a lot of
rubbish, other receivers
(how to know which one to chose?) and even no receiver at all!
So, to my humble opinion that should be made possible in some way.

Even if the envelop-to header is not in the official specs!

Steven

le mar 14-05-2002 à 10:57, Philip Hazel a écrit :

    On 13 May 2002, Steven Lobbezoo wrote:

    > Secondly: would it not be much nicer if one could assign variables like
    > myvar = .....
    > that would make programs a lot more readable.

    The filter language was designed to be a _very simple_ thing that was
    easy for end users (non programmers) to understand, and use for doing
    things like sorting their mail into different folders. It was also
    designed to be (relatively) simple to interpret.

    The extension to system filters seemed like a good idea at the time,
    since it could use the same interpreting code.

    Like so many things, I didn't forsee that it was going to grow the way
    it has, and be used to such a huge extent for spam and virus checking.

    The addition of variables would necessitate a complete redesign and
    reimplementation, IMO, because it would be turning the filter language
    into something much more like a real programming language. I don't think
    that lashing more stuff onto the existing implementation is sensible.