Re: [Exim] Brand new user

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave C.
Aan: Terry Allen
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Brand new user
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Terry Allen wrote:

> Hi there,
>     I have JUST installed Exim after being recommended to it by Dan
> Shoop - he says there is a module for configuring Exim by Webmin - could
> someone outline where I may find it & if so, where I might find a
> beginner's guide. Many thanks for you help.

Best to configure exim directly, by editing its configuration file.
There should be a file spec.txt (also available in other formats, pdf,
ps, html, etc...) that is a complete description of the exim MTA. Read
it from top to bottom, twice.

If it wasnt including with your exim package you should be able to find
it on the exim site at www.exim.org. Its called "The Exim Specification"
Once you've been through that, look in the FAQ for common questions and
cookbook-style examples on how to accomplish various things. The FAQ is
also available on the website..

>     Bye for now, Terry Allen
>     ___________________________________________________________________
> hEARd

> Postal Address:
>     hEARd
>     c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
>     The Entrance
>     NSW    2261
>     Australia

> Internet -
>     WWW:
>     http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
>     http://hosting.heard.com.au

> Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/
>
> EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
> hmag@???

> Non profit promotion for new music - since 1994
> Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au

YIKES! Your signature is more than twice as long as your message.

See http://www.darkmountain.com/netiquette/e-mail.html