Re: [Exim] Address_data persistency

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Russell Wilton
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Address_data persistency
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Russell Wilton wrote:

> The vacation router has an "unseen" option to pass the message on to
> the local delivery router, which tries to extract the home directory
> out of $address_data. Unfortunately, it comes up with an empty string,
> and using a debug_print I found that the entire $address_data variable
> is empty at that point.

The effect of "unseen" is to clone the address so that it can be
re-routed by subsequent routers. The current code does not copy the
value of $address_data to the clone.

I don't know if this was deliberate on my part. I suspect it was an
oversight, because I cannot see any reason why the data should not be
copied.

I have put this on my list of things to check out to see if there are
any untoward effects. I suspect not, in which case the fix is a very
simple one-liner which I may send to you in due course for testing,
before I put it in the next release.

Since you have a workaround (which should be quite efficient because of
the caching of lookups) I won't treat it as urgent.

Thanks for the report.

Philip