[Exim] Address_data persistency

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Russell Wilton
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Address_data persistency
Hi:
I am setting up a RedHat Linux box with Exim and Courier-imap to
replace an old Netscape mail system. Netscape puts everything,
including forwarding addresses, mail aliases, vacation text , etc., in
the LDAP directory entry for the user. I have this all working with
Exim, but have come across a small bug/feature/oddity.
I get the recipient's LDAP data with a bogus router that always
passes, similar to what was suggested in the previous discussion of
$address_data a couple of months back. The data is then available for
use in a "condition" option on my vacaton router that makes it execute
if the user has a vacation message in their LDAP entry. This works as
expected and the vacation text is returned to the sender.
The vacation router has an "unseen" option to pass the message on to
the local delivery router, which tries to extract the home directory
out of $address_data. Unfortunately, it comes up with an empty string,
and using a debug_print I found that the entire $address_data variable
is empty at that point.
I can easily get around this problem be re-reading the LDAP data in
the local delivery router, but it seems to me it should be there. Is
this a bug, or am I missing something (quite possible since I am an Exim
neophyte). Thanks for any comments.

Russ

--
Russell D. Wilton                     E Mail: WILTON@???
Network Services Manager              Voice:   (403) 329-2525