Re: [Exim] upgrade 3.36 -> 4.04, "sync error" ??

Top Pagina
Auteur: Troy Engel
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] upgrade 3.36 -> 4.04, "sync error" ??
Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> Almost certainly. NFS's locking gives no guarantees, operations are not
> atomic etc. You do NOT want to be using NFS for your spool. Move your
> spool to somewhere local to the mailhost.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion -- I moved the spool in the middle of
the night this weekend to a local filesystem, and that problem went
away. I'm just curious why Exim3 works fine with it, and Exim4
doesn't.... *shrug*

-te

--
Troy Engel, Systems Engineer
Hockey. Kinda like Figure Skating in a War Zone.