Re: [Exim] qualify_preserve_domain eq. in Exim 4?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Juha Saarinen
CC: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] qualify_preserve_domain eq. in Exim 4?
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> > I think that's your problem. The Spec states that
> > qualify_preserve_domain only applies to the redirect router.
>
> Yep... whereas with 3.35 you could use it for the aliasfile, forwardfile
> and smartuser directors.

... all of which could generate "child" addresses. In Exim 4, only the
redirect router can do that.

> The second example in chapter 41.6 of the Exim 4 spec suggests to use the
> accept router; can the redirect router be used instead?

Depends on what you are trying to do. Sorry, I haven't been paying too
much attention to this thread. The example in 41.6 is a router for
matching specific local parts on a per-domain basis, and then
delivering. It isn't creating child addresses, and hence there is no
question of changing the domain.