Re: [Exim] Using SA-Exim and Exiscan at the same time

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tom Kistner
CC: Marc MERLIN, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Using SA-Exim and Exiscan at the same time
On Sat, 11 May 2002, Tom Kistner wrote:

> > Ideally, exim should allow local_scan modules (shared libraries) to register
> > with it, and it should then call each module in sequence, so that they don't
> > have to know about one another (just like sendmail does with milters)
>
> That would require Philip to do some work first.

Why? Somebody else can write a generic local_scan() function that does
all this fancy stuff. (That will be easier when I have added option
reading capabilities, which *is* on my list.) The whole point of the
very low level C interface is that other people can build higher level
interfaces on top of it if they want to.

> Maybe PH has some ideas regarding the
> modularization of local_scan() ? ;)

Yup. You do it. :-) Not that I'm against it, you understand, but I do
have lots of other stuff to do.

Philip