Re: [Exim] overriding aliased file location in appendfile tr…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: John Jetmore
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] overriding aliased file location in appendfile transport
On Fri, 10 May 2002, John Jetmore wrote:

> So, I start looking through the book and find a couple of items, one on
> page 204 and one on page 219 that seem to indicate that when an appendfile
> transport is called as a result of aliasing, the file option doesn't
> _need_ to be set. Neither of those references say that its value is
> ignored.

Oh dear. That is bad wording in the documentation. The file option is
indeed ignored if a file is passed over ty the router.

> If my example above won't work, any suggestions?

In Exim 4 you could perhaps make some use of $address_data to pass over
a value (but you are using Exim 3). Even without that, Exim 4 would make
this easier.

Hmm. Let me think.... Take a look at the "data" option of the
"forwardfile" director. This is a preliminary implementation of what
became the "data" option of the "redirect" router in Exim 4. It should
allow you to do the lookup of the file name and add the ".spam" to it.
Then you don't need to set "file" on the transport.