Re: [Exim] Backup Mail server

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Matthew Daubenspeck
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Backup Mail server
On Fri, 10 May 2002, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

> [...]

Did you set

hosts_treat_as_local = daubnet.dns2go.com

? With that setting, what happens when you run "exim -d -bt" with an
appropriate address?

> I didn't touch local_domains, because I don't want the mail delivered
> locally, I want it held and sent to the real server when it comes back
> online. I also looked at allow_localhost and set it here:
>
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
> allow_localhost

allow_localhost in an SMTP transport applies *only* when you have a
"hosts" setting in the transport. Tha manual says so explicitly.

> Do I have it stuck in the wrong place? Again, I apologize for wasting
> everyone's time with this, but I can only assume that backup MX
> servers are a common thing and I know at least one of them has to be
> using exim :)

Backup MX servers usually use the IP address that is published to the
world via the MX records. Hiding them behind a NAT box is unusual.