[Exim] Re: Smarthost depending on ISP (FAQ #0326)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Morten Bo Johansen
A: Exim Users
Cc: Odhiambo G. Washington
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Smarthost depending on ISP (FAQ #0326)
Odhiambo G. Washington <wash@???> wrote:

OGW> * Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@???> [20020512 19:00]: wrote:

>> My home directory was not world readable, David suggested which
>> was true. This leaves me wondering if making it so is the right
>> thing...but things do work now.

OGW> Since Exim _must_ read it's own configure file, why not put this
OGW> .smarthosts file in the same directory and give the correct permissions
OGW> there

I suppose because I wanted to avoid being confronted with my
lack of understanding of some basic file handling routines: I
have defined my ISP logon scripts as functions within my
.bashrc running as an unprivileged user and if from within
those functions I want to redirect the output of an echo to a
directory for which I have no write permissions (/etc/exim/)
then what is right way to do it? I can use sudo for the actual
echo command but not for the redirection?

Since they are temporary files anyway, I could just use /tmp of
course.

OGW> then chmod 0600 your home directory?

It would have to 0700 since it's a directory

Regards,

Morten

--
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.