[Exim] Re: Smarthost depending on ISP (FAQ #0326)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Morten Bo Johansen
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Smarthost depending on ISP (FAQ #0326)
Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@???> wrote:

Just replying to myself...thanks to David Woodhouse in private
mail I got things straightened out.

MBJ> echo smtp.isp.dk >/home/mojo/.smarthost

David pointed out that it should be

echo "smart:smtp.isp.dk" >/home/mojo/.smarthost

MBJ> /home/mojo/.smarthost for linear search: Permission denied (euid=8 egid=8)
MBJ> I did try to change the permissions to root.root 0644 but still

My home directory was not world readable, David suggested which
was true. This leaves me wondering if making it so is the right
thing...but things do work now.

Regards,

Morten

--
"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten
 your aim."                                          (George Santayana)