Re: [Exim] Flushing mails from a popbox to an SMTP host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: tdn
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Flushing mails from a popbox to an SMTP host
On 11 May 2002, at 15:18, tdn@??? wrote:
> Can i flush mails already delivered to a pop account to an SMTP host ?
> The reason I want to have this is coz I have a dial-up client using
> exchange, and his line is very bad. He would like to be able to check
> the mails mails waiting on my server from a web-interface, delete any
> that is not needed and have the rest to his exchange server.
> Anyone with a script , or a better solution to his problem.

The problem is not the script, or whatever other, but HOW to
recognize a message has been read and is ok.
Certain web interfaces honour the read bit, so you can see if the
message is read.
So youi could put a demon that at certain times check:
1. if there are no open session (if there, yust wait, since the user
could be just deleting the message)
2. get any other message and forward . If you accept the risk
that some deleted message are sent to the filan address it could
be ok avoiding step 1.

IF the number of undesired messages is high, an prevalent on ok
ones, could be ok just while reading on the web marching some of
them for "forward and deletion"

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile