Re: [Exim] Using SA-Exim and Exiscan at the same time

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tom Kistner
Para: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Using SA-Exim and Exiscan at the same time
On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 06:46:55PM -0700, Marc MERLIN (marc_news@???) wrote:

> > Can someone describe the relationship between Exiscan and Marc's
> > Spamassassin hooks? Do they work together?
>
> That said, while I'd be happy to work with the exiscan author (sorry, I'm
> not online right now, I can't look him up), I'm not convinced this is the
> right way to do this.

I'm also interested in cooperation since most people seem to want both
AV and Antispam. Since SA does not seem to add a very large overhead,
it may be feasible to do both. (Caveat: see my discussion with MBM).

> Ideally, exim should allow local_scan modules (shared libraries) to register
> with it, and it should then call each module in sequence, so that they don't
> have to know about one another (just like sendmail does with milters)

That would require Philip to do some work first.

But since SA works on the body too, there would be much less overhead to agree
on a singe MBOXification of the message and then work on the same file ...

> I was of the opinion that you should intensively check for virii outside of
> the SMTP session (you could do a few quick regexes at SMTP time), and I
> still think you should if you can.

I did not mention that the "old" exiscan v2 still works perfectly with exim4.
It does scan outside of the SMTP session, with all the pros and cons
involved.

I am on holiday until June 1, I'll contact you when I'm back and we can
sort out the details then. Maybe PH has some ideas regarding the
modularization of local_scan() ? ;)

cheers,

/tom

--