Re: [Exim] global killfile

Inizio della pagina
Autore: dman
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] global killfile
--

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim3_spamassassin
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim4_spamassassin
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

| implement a global killfile for incoming mail that is processed before
| it is delivered to the mail list manager, local users, aliases;
| before anything.

FYI the system filter is run after the message is accepted.

| Right now I have a procmail filter set up on my personal mail that does
| a simple grep (no regex) on the header of the email and sees if there
| are any case-insensitive matches in my killfile (which contains snippets
| of headers, email addresses, etc one per line)

I think "senders_reject" will do part of what you want.

| I've looked at SpamAssassin, I might install that later but I just want
| something very simple for now.

There's the problem -- simple isn't effective. I started my filtering
using flat-file lists of known bad senders. It worked sometimes but
not very well. It was too much effort trying to maintain that list as
well and sometimes an entry in the list didn't work at all. SA isn't
hard to install (at least on a debian system; the package works well
there) and doesn't require you to receive a spam first so that you can
blacklist the sender. It's a bit smarter than that.

HTH,
-D

--

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
        Philippians 4:13