Re: [Exim] Backup Mail server

Autor: Matthew Daubenspeck
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Backup Mail server
On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 10:17:59AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
>
> > > daubnet.dns2go.com. 6    IN    A    151.201.155.118

> > Yes, that is the actual IP of my firewall, and the server is behind a
> > firewall/router, using a 192.168.0.x schema.
> >
> > If this is where the problem may be, how can I fix it?
>
> hosts_treat_as_local

I hate to be a pain with this, but I cannot figure out why it will not
work.

I tried the hosts_treat_as_local and added the correct domain for it.
I didn't touch local_domains, because I don't want the mail delivered
locally, I want it held and sent to the real server when it comes back
online. I also looked at allow_localhost and set it here:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
allow_localhost

But now exim freezes all messages, which according to the manual,
"Exim freezes the message by default. However, if allow_localhost is
set, it goes on to do the delivery anyway".

Do I have it stuck in the wrong place? Again, I apologize for wasting
everyone's time with this, but I can only assume that backup MX
servers are a common thing and I know at least one of them has to be
using exim :)