Re: [Exim] html

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: manoo, Exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] html
On Thu, 9 May 2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> On Thu, 9 May 2002, manoo wrote:
>
> > can somebody help me how i can say exim to be able to receive html
> > messages? now if somebody sends a html message i receive the letter with
> > the <html> tags, but cannot see the real page...
>
> this is not an exim issue

To clarify, this is an MUA (your mail client-program) issue.

Either:

Your mailreader doesnt understand HTML/MIME at all. Solution is to use a
mailreader that does (shudder) or tell idiots not to send HTML in mail.
HTML is for websites, not email.

Or,

The sender is putting HTML in a message without properly setting the
appropriate MIME headers. Much spam is often sent this way. Certain
(cough, MS) mailreaders will read the HTML anyway, but the sender is
still sending improperly. If this is mail you want (eg, not spam), tell
the sender to either not send HTML, since HTML is for the web, not
email, or tell them to fix/replace their sending program. If its spam,
why would you care, just ignore it (or track the headers and report it,
if thats your schtick - it being unparsed HTML wont affect the headers)