Re: [Exim] underscores in helo

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil Pennock
Aan: Jim Pazarena
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] underscores in helo
On 2002-05-08 at 17:34 -0700, Jim Pazarena wrote:
> >Another reason for making the block really inclusive was to see if
> >people were happy with it. If not, it can of course be changed (I tried
> >the same trick with underscore in helo names).

> I cannot find any documentation _or_ newsgroup mail where Philip
> describes this "trick".

Back-to-front, I'm afraid.

The "trick" was to make the block really inclusive, to conform more to
standards and reject crap. Not a trick to allow underscores, but a
"trick" which was pushing towards conformance as the default.

> How can I get exim 4 to *not* reject helo's where the name has
> an underscore in it, like for instance the Provincial Government server
> called "smtp_security.leg.bc.ca" ?

Two-fold.

 (1) Use an Exim 4 version >= 4.02, read doc/NewStuff and item 2 under
     version 4.02 which describes helo_allow_chars

(2) Education: email postmaster and bitch in the nicest possible manner

--
May you live in interesting times,
may you get everything you ask for,